How to start Rolling?
1. Find a railing to hang on to, Lift the ball of your foot and find your balance point. Try this on one foot then repeat with both feet.
2. Begin with your feet together
3. Step forward (usually with your weaker leg, but wichever feels the most comfortable or natural) and balance on the heel assembly.
4. While the front leg is balanced on the heel, use the trailing leg to push your body forward then quickly lift the ball of your foot and balance on the wheel.
5. Pull yourself along the railing at first, while finding the balance point.
Make sure you don't bust. Keep your trailing foot directly behind the leading foot.
Hints for new "Rollers":
° Hold a handrail or door jam while finding your balance point.
° Lock the knee of the trailing foot.
° Keep one foot directly behind the other.
° To go faster run into the motion instead of stepping or pushing.
° If you think you are going to do a face plant, judt put your toes down and walk out of the leaning motion.